Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Blog Posting #1 - Web 2.0

Using Web 2.0 Without Knowing It

The first time I heard of Web 2.0 was in 2004 when it just came up from the horizon. I only know it was a buzz word and it was going to change the world of internet and our life. I thought it was some kind of computer language, like C, C++, HTML, Java... I didn't have time to dig in so... I thought it was non of my business. Those computer guys would take care of it.

For the past few years, I sold and bought things from eBay. I left feedback on shopping websites. I got my gmail account. I was "forced" to join facebook because my "lazy" friend didn't want to attached his pictures one by one via email. I took some online courses and they all used Moodle. I read my friends' blogs and I became a fan of some blogs. I watched YouTube almost everyday....

Do you get the picture? I am using Web 2.0 like breathing in and out without even knowing it! All the dots started to connect together last month when our team did the project: Learning Google Docs. Google Docs is a perfect example of a Web 2.0 program. My son's debate team is using Google Docs to exchange research results and collaborate with each other. I am a huge fan of Google Docs now. I can see the power of Web 2.0 every where and it is going to root into our every day life even more in the future.

I found 2 pictures to explain the difference between the first generation web site (Web 1.0) and the second generation (Web 2.0).




For additional reading, please check:

No comments:

Post a Comment